The consequences of being hit by an 18-Wheeler can be dire. Injuries range anywhere from strains, broken bones, paralysis, and death. Therefore, accidents involving 18-Wheelers or other commercial vehicles can be extremely complicated.
They are complicated due to the injuries you may sustain, or have sustained, and they are also complicated due to the difficult process that you may or are going through.
For instance, the recovery from physical injuries sustained from an 18-Wheeler can range from a few months to years, to unfortunately, never being the same again. There is also the psychological aspect that one suffers due the recovery process. Furthermore, the injuries you sustain from an 18-wheeler claim, may prohibit or diminish your ability to do your job for many years to come. Loss of income is an integral part of any 18-wheeler recovery.
Additionally, the process of finding the correct party and/or insurance company to go after is not as easy as reading a police report. There are parent companies, shell companies, lease holders, and multiple insurance carriers to deal with. Sending the requisite letters needed to establish your claim against the driver of the 18-Wheeler, the company that he/she may be working for and protecting potential evidence that may disappear/be destroyed should not be taken lightly.
As previously mentioned, there is the issue of insurance coverage. How much funds are available in a policy that covers 18-Wheelers and other commercial vehicles is a very difficult question to answer. The 18-Wheeler will have their insurance provider. If the 18-Wheeler or commercial vehicle were hauling a trailer, the trailer itself may have its own insurance coverage, and there may even be additional umbrella and excess coverages. There can also be further coverage within your own policy known as Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage, along with Personal Injury Protection.
If you, a friend, or loved one was hit by an 18-Wheeler or any other commercial vehicle, it is incredibly important that you know and understand your rights against these drivers and companies. Contact your local 18-wheeler attorneys at Funk and Associates.
Insurance Bad Faith
Statutes Of Limitations
Types of Damages
Types of Compensatory Damages
Austin Truck Accident News
- Crash Alert: One hospitalized after fuel truck collision on SH 71 in Del Valle (11/23/2021) - TRAVIS COUNTY, TX — One person was injured Monday morning in a crash involving two commercial trucks on State Highway 71 in Del Valle, reports KXAN. Austin Fire Department said the collision occurred at the FM 973 intersection, east of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Details are limited, but Austin-Travis County EMS said one person was pinned
- Crash Alert: 18-wheeler collides with poles, leaving thousands without power in East Austin (11/5/2021) - AUSTIN, TX — An 18-wheeler crashed into multiple power poles Friday afternoon, impacting about 3,600 Austin Energy customers in East Austin, according to FOX 7 Austin. The accident happened at the intersection of Bedford Street and Webberville Road, near Austin Community College Eastview Campus. It was first reported by Austin Fire Department shortly after noon.
- Crash Alert: One seriously hurt in crash involving semi near Austin-Bergstrom Intl Airport (11/2/2021) - AUSTIN, TX — One person was hospitalized Tuesday morning after a two-vehicle accident in southeast Austin’s Timber Creek area, reports CBS Austin. The wreck occurred at 11000 Pearce Lane, just southeast of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, shortly before 6:42 a.m. Austin-Travis County EMS responded to the scene where a pickup truck had collided with a semi-truck.
- Crash Alert: One killed after multi-vehicle wreck on IH-35 in Round Rock (10/12/2021) - WILLIAMSON COUNTY, TX — One person died early Tuesday after a multi-vehicle accident involving a big rig on Interstate 35 in Round Rock, reports KXAN. The three-vehicle crash happened on the southbound lanes of the interstate at Hesters Crossing Road at approximately 5:15 a.m. It is unclear what led up to the accident, but Round
- Crash Alert: One hospitalized after tanker truck overturns in Lakeway (10/1/2021) - TRAVIS COUNTY, TX — One person was injured Thursday morning after a tanker truck carrying propane overturned in Lakeway, according to KVUE. The multi-vehicle accident happened in the 1600 block of Flint Rock Road at around 8:18 a.m. The Travis County Sheriff’s Office said three other cars were involved in the crash. No significant injuries
- Crash alert: 18-wheeler crash closes I-35 SB in Round Rock (8/19/2021) - WILLIAMSON COUNTY, TX — An 18-wheeler overturned Thursday morning in a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 35 southbound in Round Rock, according to CBS Austin. The accident took place on the southbound lanes of I-35 just past RM 1431 and University Boulevard at approximately 8:00 a.m. Few details have been reported on the circumstances around the
- Crash alert: Austin police officer dies of injuries after collision with 18-wheeler (8/2/2021) - AUSTIN, TX – An Austin police officer has died of his injuries following a collision with a tractor-trailer on FM 969 last week, the Austin American-Statesman reports. This is an update to a previous story. The officer, Lewis “Andy” Traylor, was responding to an urgent call at the intersection of FM 969 and Decker Lane
- Crash alert: Crash involving tractor-trailer injures 1, snarls traffic on I-35 (7/30/2021) - AUSTIN, TX – Austin police said one person was injured in a crash that caused extensive traffic delays on Interstate 35 Thursday morning. According to KVUE, a tractor-trailer was involved in the accident on I-35 north in North Austin. No details were released on the condition of the person injured. The incident shut down two
- Crash alert: Austin police officer critically injured in crash with tractor-trailer (7/29/2021) - AUSTIN, TX – An Austin police officer was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning after a collision with a tractor-trailer. According to KVUE, the crash happened at the intersection of FM 969 and Decker Lane at about 2 a.m. Police said the officer was responding to an urgent call in his patrol vehicle when
- Crash alert: Austin police identify pedestrian killed by 18-wheeler on Interstate 35 (6/21/2021) - AUSTIN, TX – Police have identified a pedestrian struck and killed by an 18-wheeler on Interstate 35 earlier this month. In a news release, the Austin Police Department said the victim was 61-year-old Karen Everlena Barnes. Officers responded to the scene June 2 after Barnes was hit while crossing I-35 near Airport Boulevard at about