What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident
Fill out a personal injury claim evaluation.
When you get in a car accident it is important to keep your head about you. Although you might be shaken, nervous, and likely injured, if you can remember these few common sense points, it will help you greatly.
- Contact 911 for any serious accident. The 911 operator will dispatch both police and an ambulance, if necessary. The first priority of any injury accident is taking care of the injuries. Although Austin’s finest tell you to move your vehicle after an accident, I would discourage the practice if it seems that liability is being contested by the other side. Once you move the vehicle and or debris from the roadway, it makes it difficult of the officer to find out what exactly did happen and who is at fault.
- If the Austin Police Department, Sheriff’s deputy, or any other law enforcement agency comes out they will likely give you a brown form. It is a form which you write down all your insurance information, driver’s license number, name, etc. When both sides are done with this the officer will give each side the other side’s brown form. If there is no police presence write down the other side’s information or take a photo of their license and insurance card, and license plate. I would also take pictures of the vehicles, damage to the vehicles, debris in the roadway, skid marks, lights, stop signs, or any other items you think will help your case.
- If there are any witnesses that witnessed the accident, please take their name and number down. They may become very necessary if the other side decides to change their story.
- Clearly, if you are seriously injured, medical care is of the utmost priority. Take your aches and pains seriously, as they may be a sign of a more serious condition. I have seen too many people come in with a little soreness which revealed an acute herniation after imaging studies were completed.
- Injury accidents is what we do. If you ever need further clarification as to any of the points, I am just a phone call away.
Do I have a case?
Personal Injury Claim Evaluation
Please enter all required information to complete your personal injury claim evaluation. If your information is received before 3:00 p.m. CST, an attorney will call you back on the same day!
The submission of information to Funk & Associates (“The Firm”) or one of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship, and the receipt of said information does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. This website presents general information which is not intended to be legal advice, nor should you consider it as such. Contacting Funk & Associates does not, and should not, prohibit you in any way from seeking legal advice regarding this or any other matter. This Firm makes no representations, material or implied, of any statute of limitations which may or may not exist.
Insurance Adjuster What to Do